In RCPS, we aspire to have graduates who are . . .
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset
- Nurture their curiosity and creativity
- Are open-minded and responsive to new and diverse perspective
- Adapt to evolving job opportunities in a changing world
- Think critically and collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Persevere to reach their maximum potential
- Lead by example and with integrity
- Contribute to their communities and on a global scale in meaningful ways
- Authentically engage with others and always seek to find understanding
- Can imagine a life they envision for themselves
- Inspire others to act
- Possess all the tools needed to achieve their dreams
A Portrait of a Graduate represents the skills or traits that Roanoke City Public Schools envisions in every student who graduates from our school division. It includes a combination of the hopes and dreams the community has for graduates along with the skills and mindsets students need for success in this rapidly changing, complex world.
Use the menu to navigate to learn more about the high-quality instruction provided in Roanoke City Public Schools.