In accordance with School Board Policy FC, the School Board permits the use of school facilities for community purposes, in accordance with appropriate state and federal laws, provided that such use does not interfere with the educational program. Full control of all facilities remains with the School Board. The Board authorizes the Superintendent, or designee, and the building principal to grant permission for use by outside groups. Decisions regarding requests to use school facilities are based on the following order of priority:
Use of any school property to engage in any partisan political activity supporting or opposing a candidate for public office or a political party is prohibited.
- School-related organizations (e.g. PTA or Booster chapters)
- City of Roanoke
- Non-profit Roanoke-based organizations
- Non-profit service groups outside Roanoke
- Private interest groups
To reserve space for use of school facilities for community functions, a facility use application and approval must be received.
- A completed contract must be submitted 21 business days prior to the event.
- Full payment must be made upon approval of the facility use application.
- Priority of facility use:
- Parks and Recreation Department
- Outside Groups