Maintenance and Capital ProgramsThe Maintenance Department is responsible for the maintenance and preventative maintenance of all facilities used and operated by the Roanoke City Public School system. This includes all buildings and grounds.Responsibilites include:
- Repairs, replaces, renovates and/or remodels fixed building components in accordance with all Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Codes, or other regulatory requirements.
- Repairs and replaces school instructional support equipment (audio-visual,communications, general classroom furniture)
- Acquires contract services for maintaining pest control program.
- Provides support to the functions of the Security Department as needed.
- Schedules all work and performs preventative maintenance on all work support and fixed mechanical equipment in facilities.
- Maintains compliance with all Energy Conservation, Environmental, and Safety programs as required by EPA, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Provides maintenance for outside athletic areas to support seasonal activities and participate in minor landscaping of other grounds.
- Establishes specifications and provides quality control for contractual services, materials and equipment used in support efforts.
- Provides for the stockage and maintenance of control levels of repair parts and materials.
- Maintain technical files and monitors warranties issued by contractors and suppliers.
- Augments Asbestos efforts in areas as needed within compliance of regulatory regulations.
- Establishes criteria and conducts periodic in-service training for staff to develop and enhance skills in order to perform within the requirements of changing modern technology.
Security: (540) 853-2557Facilities: (540) 853-2851
Senior Director of Physical Plants
(540) 853-6306 | firstname.lastname@example.orgDon Richardson
Supervisor of Maintenance(540) 853-1051 | email@example.comCurtis DudleySafety & Site Security Supervisor(540) 853-6304 | firstname.lastname@example.orgMaintenance & Capital Programs is part of the Operations team, which reports to:Chris PerkinsChief Operations Officer(540) 853-2382 | email@example.com