Special Education Advisory Committee
The Roanoke City Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) promotes the education of children and youth with disabilities. SEAC provides advice and guidance to the Superintendent of Roanoke City Public Schools and to the Roanoke City School Board. Advice and guidance may also be based on input from citizens and constituent groups.
All meetings are open to the public. SEAC welcomes citizen comments. Citizens wishing to address the committee must notify the committee of their intent to speak, and comments are limited to five minutes per citizen. Submit the public comment form if you would like to speak.
- Amanda Miller (Parent/Guardian)
- Dominique Finney (Parent/Guardian)
- Shelley Knisley (Parent/Guardian)
- Jessie Coffman (Parent/Guardian)
- Jenny Zuniga (Parent/Guardian)
- Ronald Marsh (Teacher Representative)
- Michael Crossan (Consultant)
- Corey Allder (Consultant)
- Dr. Benjamin Lewis (Special Education Executive Director/Consultant)
- Diane Casola (School Board Representative)
2023-24 SEAC Meeting Dates
- September 20, 2023
- December 13, 2023
- March 20, 2024
- May 7, 2024
Unless otherwise noted, the Special Education Advisory Committee meets from 9 to 10 a.m. in the Central Office Media Center (40 Douglass Ave. NW)
Please contact Dr. Benjamin Lewis at (540) 853-2468 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance accessing the meeting.