REACHREACH provides special education services for children ages two through four with developmental delays or disabilities. This free program is provided by Roanoke City Public Schools for each preschooler who qualifies.
To qualify, preschoolers must have a significant developmental delay in one or more of the following areas:
- Social or emotional
Together with the parents/guardians, RCPS staff develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) based on the student's evaluation and needs.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- REACH classes with fewer children for more intensive ,structured learning environments.
- Inclusive classes with other preschool peers in the school or community.
- Home-based services through collaboration with family, teachers, and other providers.
- Speech therapy at neighborhood schools.
Other early childhood services are available to eligible children through RCPS, including:
- Speech/language therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Vision services
- Deaf/hard of hearing services
- Transportation to school-based classes
REACH Referrals: (540) 853-1900
For Children Under 2: (540) 283-5050 (Infant & Toddler Connection of the Roanoke Valley)
Head Start: (540) 283-4800