Register for Kindergarten
Roanoke City Public Schools’ kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 School Year is now open. Parents/guardians of children entering school for the first time will need to upload documentation during the secure, online, registration process.
Please read all the instructions on this page before completing the registration form. Call (540) 853-2300 with any questions.
- Children who will enter kindergarten and children currently enrolled in private kindergarten that will enter the public school system next year.
- Children who were eligible for kindergarten for 2022-2023 but were granted a waiver and will now enter school in August 2023.
- All children who will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2023, are eligible for kindergarten.
- A state-issued certificate of birth (hospital record is not sufficient).
- Proof of residency
- Photo ID of student's parent/guardian
- Immunization record
- A report of a comprehensive physical examination for the child (Physical must be completed within 12 months prior to the first date the child enters school.)
Parents/guardians of children entering school for the first time will need to upload all documentation during the secure, online, registration process. You will not be able to return to your application after submitting it.
Once the online registration process is completed, parents/guardians will be contacted by the school where your child will attend. View the attendance zone locator to find your school. Please be aware there will be additional forms to complete at the school, including a Residency/Custody Verification Form.
Contact your school if you would like more information or have questions before you register.
Students who are presently attending kindergarten in Roanoke City Public Schools are not required to register to enter 1st grade.