Inclement Weather Guidelines
In the event of inclement weather, Roanoke City Public Schools will prioritize student and staff safety, as well as quality instruction. If closures or delays are necessary, every effort will be made to notify parents/guardians and staff by 5:30 a.m. Announcements will be made utilizing the following:
- Robo Calls and Text (please make sure the school has your current phone/mobile number)
- Local News Media (WDBJ7, WSLS, WSET, WFXR, Wheeler Broadcasting Radio Stations)
- Division Website (www.rcps.info)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/RoanokeCityPublicSchools)
- Twitter (@RoanokeSchools)
- Instagram (@RoanokeSchools)
The Administration reserves the right to have teachers work with students after school when there has been an excessive number of closings due to inclement weather.
The Division reserves the right to re-evaluate the Inclement Weather Guidelines to include asynchronous instruction days if there has been an excessive number of closings.
If a decision is made to open schools late, every effort will be made to make the announcement by 5:30 a.m., utilizing the same methods mentioned above.
If a decision is made to close schools early because of inclement weather, the announcement will be made utilizing the same methods detailed above.
If you have a question regarding inclement weather protocols, please contact your school.