How do I enroll?
OnlinEnroll is a tool which allows you to directly access and update your benefit information via the Internet. Using OnlinEnroll employee self-service, you can review your dependents and benefit elections.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Click on this link: https://uhc.workterra.net and follow these simple steps below to enroll online in your benefits.
Step 2: Login
User name (not case sensitive): The letters before your RCPS email address- email@example.com (Example: jbauer). Everything in front of @ symbol in the RCPS email address will be considered as user name.
Password (case sensitive): Last name + First 5 characters of SSN, example: bauer34572
Company (not case sensitive): rcps
Step 3: Usage and Legal Agreements
Step 4: Welcome Page
Step 5: Create Password & Security Questions
Please provide your security questions and answers as well as update your password. Keep your new password in a safe place. When finished select Save & Continue. Your password must:
be a minimum of 8 characters.
contain at least one numeric digit.
*contain at least one special character
contain at least one UPPERCASE letter
Example Passwords: Teacher#1, Roanoke#1
Step 6: Demographics & Dependents (must provide proof of eligibility if adding dependents)
You will have an opportunity to review, add, or update your spouse and child information, on the next few pages.
Please note: Grayed out fields are considered “review only” fields. Please contact your HR administrator if any changes are needed to these fields. If you have a child, “Child is not in school” is the default and does not affect your child’s eligibility.
To add a spouse or child, click Add New. The Add Spouse/ Add Child screen will open for you to enter their demographic information (required data is marked with an *).
For Disabled Children, please ensure that you classify the child as a “Disabled Child” in the Child relationship box as well as enter a “yes” in the Disabled child field.
Click Save & Continue. If you have multiple children, add them one at a time and click “save” after each one.
If you do not have a spouse or child, click Continue to proceed to the next page.
Step 7: Plan Elections
Follow the steps below to elect your benefit plans. If you do not wish to enroll and would prefer to decline the benefit, select “Waive this benefit”, the red box on the top right of the page.
each benefit page, elect your covered members by clicking the box next to his/her
name at the top of the page.
the plan you would like to enroll in on that page, and click the Enroll button on the bottom left of
that plan box.
will be taken to the next benefit or you may click the Continue
Button to move forward.
Step 8: Completing Enrollment
- After completing all of your plan elections you will come to the Confirmation Page. Please review all of your elections for accuracy. At this point, you have not finalized your benefit selections.
- Please be sure to keep a copy of the confirmation statement for your records by clicking on the PDF button to download save & print. The icon is at the top right of the Confirmation Statement.
- Click Finish. After you have clicked Finish, you will be taken to your Employee Home Page. Your enrollment is now complete.
What happens if I make a mistake or I am not sure what benefits I elected?
- Enrollment: Print your confirmation statement when you have completed online enrollment and compare it to your choices. If you discover a mistake you can log back into OnlinEnroll during the Enrollment period and make a change.
- Open Enrollment:
Print your confirmation statement when you have completed online enrollment and compare it to your choices. If you discover a mistake during the Open Enrollment period, you can go back into OnlinEnroll and make a change.
- After the Open Enrollment period closes, review your 1/13/17 paycheck [direct deposit receipt] to see that all your elected benefit deductions/credits are correct. Contact Human Resources no later than 1/31/17 if there is a concern; the last day corrections can be made to your 2017 Open Enrollment elections is 1/31/17!
When can I make changes after Benefit Enrollment?
- You must have a Qualifying Event (QE) to make a mid-year change to your benefits. Qualifying events include: marriage, divorce, legal separation, status change, birth or adoption of a child, change in child’s dependent status, death of spouse, child or other qualified dependent, or change in spouse’s benefits or employment status.
- A Qualifying event allows you to change coverage level, add or drop benefits, but not change plan type.
- Changes in benefits must be made within 31 calendar days of a QE by contacting Human Resources, and the following are required:
- Proof of the QE is required to be submitted within 31 calendar days of the event, e.g. letter from a spouse’s employer, birth certificate, marriage license, etc.
- A completed benefit change form for each benefit.
- Proof of eligibility if adding dependents to your medical, vision or dental plans. You are required to submit a copy of a marriage license, birth certificate or copy of page one of your most recent tax return listing your dependents (with SSNs and income blocked out) to Human Resources within 31 calendar days of the date of a Qualifying Event.