Roanoke City Public Schools will offer summer school to students during the month of July. The following dates and times have been scheduled:
· Elementary students: July 6-29, Monday through Thursday 8:30a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Middle school students: July 6-29, Monday through Thursday 8:30a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· High school students: July 6-30, Monday through Friday 7:45a.m. to 3:45p.m.
Highland Park and Preston Park Elementary schools have been selected as the 2010 summer school sites for elementary students. Breckinridge Middle School will serve as the middle school site and Patrick Henry will serve as the high school site. Elementary students must register for summer school by June 4 at their home school. Middle school students need to register by June 11 at their home school. Patrick Henry students can register at P.H. on June 14 and 16 from 10a.m.-2p.m. or 4-7 p.m. Fleming students will register at Fleming on June 15 and 17 from 10a.m.-2p.m. or 4-7p.m. The fees associated with summer school include the following:
· Elementary registration-no cost
· Middle tuition-$40 (free and reduced lunch $20)
· High registration-$40 (free and reduced lunch $20)
· Health/PE registration-$120 per course (free reduced lunch $60)
· High school tuition-$220 per course (free and reduced lunch $110)
For more information about summer school, please contact your child's school.